Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Laundry Room sign

I made this sign prior to my graduation party, for the sole reason to cover up the hole that is behind it from my fathers head. He got angry one night and just slammed it into the wall, causing there to be a bit of a hole. Knowing that it looked kind of trashy just sitting there in the laundry room, I decided to change it up a little bit and get creative. My boyfriend took the old barn board that is the back part of the board, and some old trim and screwed it around the outside of the old board. Then he took the barbed wire that was sitting around in the basement, and stapled it onto the back of the boards. Just perfect for what I wanted to do with it. Now, I decided what I wanted to put on it for words, and cut out the letters in regular scrap paper from my cricut. After that was done, I arranged them how I wanted them to be, and then cut it out of contact vinyl paper that is made for the cricut. As you can see, the sign is not completely finished, but after you put a little Modge Podge on it, and clean it up a bit, I think it is a beautiful sign to be left in my bath room! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment